What is Reolin? Reolin is elemental iron (Fe0) with a high (> 98%) iron content and lower molecular weight. High iron content enables lower using levels to achieve the same daily intake levels compared to ferrous (Fe2+) salts. Reolin iron supplement is elemental iron manufactured by the chemical decomposition of particular iron salt. The resulting iron particles are small, uniform spheres with high purity.
Disadvantages and limitations of the available preparations:
most popular and most frequently used irons sources include soluble salts there of either in the inorganic form: iron (II) sulfate (VI), iron (III) chloride, iron (III) pyrophosphate and organic form: iron (II) fumarate, iron (II) gluconate.
Soluble iron salts are characterized by:
- Low iron content (10-36%) and high molecular weight
- Low bioavailability usually not exceeding 25%
- The need for high doses
- Differences in the bioavailability of iron due to its valency:
- Better absorption of iron salts II (due to the iron transport mechanism Divalent Metal Transporter) o Ferric (III) salts are absorbed worse
- Oral formulations containing the soluble salts of iron:
- The high degree and severity of side effects: nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, dark stool, pain and a feeling of congestion of the stomach.
Reolin iron is elemental iron (Fe0) with a high (> 98%) iron content and low molecular weight. High iron content enables lower use levels to achieve the same daily intake levels compared with ferrous (Fe2+) salts. Reolin iron supplement is elemental iron manufactured by the chemical decomposition of particular iron salt. The resulting iron particles are small, uniform spheres of high purity
- Very high bioavailability in the human body at the level of 69%
- Slow absorption from the digestive tract makes the Reolin iron slowly and gradually released
- Reduce toxicity and intensity of possible side effects
- It is better tolerated than iron salts
- Longer time required for medical intervention in case of accidental overdose
- Safety of use
- Particles are spherical, providing good flow properties
- It has a narrow particle size distribution small particle size(8.5 μM)